Tena Koutou whanau – Nau mai Haere mai – Welcome to Ruawai College
Welcome back to our parents/caregivers of Ruawai College for 2019.
I also extend a very special and warm welcome to the new families who are joining us in 2019. Below you will see an outline of the start of year dates/programme.
Monday 21 January
• School office open for enrolments, uniform purchases and general enquiries
• SLT in school
Monday 28 January
• Auckland Anniversary Day holiday
Tuesday 29 January
• Peer Support Training – Year 13 students only 9:00am – 3:00pm. Meet the Senior and Junior Deans in Room 14
Wednesday 30 January
• Peer Support Training – Year 13 students only 9:00am – lunchtime
• Senior Course confirmation 11:00am -1:00pm. Only for those students who wish to make subject changes
Thursday 31 January
• 8:45am Year 12 & selected Year 11/13 students Gateway First Aid Course
• School Bus services commence
Friday 1 February
• Peer Support 8:45am start in the Hall – Year 7 & 13 students and all other students new to Ruawai College. New students please bring your BYOD to school on that day so that they can be configured.
Monday 4 February
• All year 7-13 students
• 9:00 am Powhiri to welcome our new students
• Top Form competition starts at 1.30 pm. Whanau are welcome to attend.
Tuesday 5 February
• Normal timetabled school day for all year levels
• Meet and Greet BBQ 3:30pm. An opportunity to meet the staff/teachers of your child(ren), their Learning Advisors, Deans, Senior Leadership.
Wednesday 13 February – Swimming Sports
Friday 22 February – School Photos
Wednesday 27 February – Athletics Sports day
Uniform – An expectation that all our students will be in full school uniform from the start of the school year – Friday 1 February. Uniform is available from the school office.
Stationary Lists – Available from the school office, Facebook and our website.
Remember we are a BYOD school. Any enquiries please contact Kirsty Batters or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The start of year details can also be found on our website under Practical Matters www.ruawaicollege.school.nz
Below are the details of those persons who will be available to assist you.
Office Ph: 09 4392216 email@example.com
Deputy Principal Catherine Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Dean Jenny Dallison email@example.com
Junior Dean Kimberley Rope firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Support Lynda Von-Lyn email@example.com
Business manager Brenda Polwart firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidance Counsellor Justine Vallance email@example.com
Sport Co-ordinator Raymonde Huriwaka firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all whanau to have a strong involvement with the school to ensure the success of your rangatahi. Please ensure that we have the correct and most up to date email addresses & contact phone numbers to enable effective communication.