At Ruawai College we are committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for all.
All who work and attend the school; including visitors, contractors, staff and students all play a vital role in helping to maintain a healthy workplace through:
- Knowing the respective health and safety systems the school has in place;
- Following instructions, rules and procedures and safe ways of working;
- Reporting any injuries, incidents and near misses;
- Helping anyone new to the school understand our safety procedures;
- Keeping the work place tidy to minimise the risk of trips or falls;
- Wearing protective clothing, equipment as required to minimise exposure to workplace hazards.
The college has two trained Health and Safety Officers; Caretaker/Groundsman, Mr Todd Price, and Assistant Principal, Mr Lance Panoho. A comprehensive Hazard Register is maintained regularly.
Health and Safety is everyone’s responsibility.